My Songs of Joy!

My Songs of Joy!
Do Re Mi Fa Sol!

Friday, March 20, 2009

"No Boys Allowed"


This morning, I was getting ready when L came into the room.

L: Mama, M needs a pen and paper.
Mama: What does she need them for? (Also wondering why M couldn't come and ask for them herself! But, being in a hurry to get ready and not wanting to deal with M's typical 'giving orders to her brother' and knowing everything is still in boxes from our new move, so Mama has to be the one to find paper and pens anyway, I found a piece of paper and a pen and gave it to M's servant...I mean to L.)
L: Tanks, Mama.
Mama: Sure, Buddy.

3 minutes later, I went in search of M and L to make sure they were ready to get out the door and I found L laying next to M on the ground, with his chin propped comfortably in his hands, innocently watching M finish a homemade sign, unaware of what she was writing or the implications of what she was writing.

M: Mama, how do you spell 'loud'?
Mama: Loud?? What for?
M: My sign. You know, like 'no one is loud in here?'
Mama: Uh, I think you mean 'allowed'.
M: Right, right, right.
Mama: A-L-L-O-W-E-D
M: Thanks! Do you have some tape?
Mama: For what?
M: To put this on my door.
Mama: And what is this sign for, M?
M: Look- read it.

"No Boys Allowed"

We had a little discussion right then and there (discussion topic: "Signs like this will not be allowed in our house"; and then another little discussion after that (discussion topic- perhaps more for Mama's amusement sake: "How on earth could you possibly ask (ahem, tell) your sweet little brother to get you a pen and paper, and then proceed to use that very pen and paper to write a sign that disallows him from you room?!?!?!)

Ah. The irony. Too bad no one else was there to appreciate it with me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment