I haven't had much time to keep up with blogging lately, so here's my quick little catch up from this past week....
Lots of Reading Time! And the most exciting part of school time this week was watching L start to sound out words as I did reading lessons with him. He's getting it! I have to say... those first moments when a child begins to 'get' reading is one of my absolute most favorite things in the world to witness and be a part of! If I can instill a love for reading in all my children, I will be so very happy!
We went on a Nature Walk nearby our house this week and had a blast studying a few trees and plants- their leaves, how they grow, what they feel/look like; M and L documented one particular tree by drawing their observations in their drawing books, and collecting samples to bring home with us. We had so much fun and, as Mama studies up a little more on the Charlotte Mason method (who is a great advocate of Nature Studies), we intend to do more of this and keep our own Nature Study notebooks. The only bummer? I couldn't for the life of me identify the tree we studied!! I looked through several books and much to my dismay, I just couldn't find a match!! Hmmmm... a bit disappointing, as part of the purpose of today was to study a plant/tree and observe it well enough to be able to identify and name it again. I'll have to hunt down a Florida tree guru to get some answers, I guess!
The rest of our week was fairly low-key and typical- by God's grace we made it to Mass everyday, and even got to Confession again (with little M in tow! God bless her- she wanted to make sure she went again "before Easter, so my soul is all clean and pure!"). We participated in all the Holy Week services, and it just seemed like an extra special year for me, having my daughter so interested in everything going on and wanting to participate more fully in everything.
I feel M is 'speeding up' right before eyes (my term for 'growing up'.... emphasizing how incredibly fast it happens!!!) She is truly an unbelievable blessing to have as my firstborn. Sometimes I stand back and just watch her, seeing her growing up in fast-forward motion in my mind's eye. I know it won't be but a blink of an eye before she's asking for the keys to the car, possibly bringing home some young man who is smitten with her (or asking permission to join an Order!)... and then possibly calling one day to tell us we're going to be grandparents.... oh yes, I know it will all happen too fast. At least, if I keep this in the back of my mind, it will hopefully cause me to cherish each day I have with these precious Souls, and constantly remember the immense responsibility I (we) have to bring them up/train them in the ways of the Lord while they are young. All too soon, they will be making their own decisions and choosing their own way in this world. Lord, I beg you for a fountain of Grace to pour out on our family daily, that we may raise holy, pleasing little folk for You, always entrusting them unto Your care and to the protection of the Immaculate Heart of your Mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment