

I love being a mother. I also love when there are opportunities to also be one of the other things I love: a musician.
I've had some truly wonderful opportunities as a musician, especially here in Florida these past few years, thanks to a friend who has tipped me off to several sporting gigs and generously helped me get my foot in the door for numerous singing opportunities; and these have been some of the most fun gigs, especially because they serve multiple purposes: I get to sing, we get tickets to a sporting event (which makes Papa happy!), those tickets get us in for free (that makes us both happy!), and we get to do something fun and different as a family. This past weekend, I had the great privilege of getting to sing the National Anthem in Fort Myers for the Boston Red Sox vs Minnesota Twins pre-season game. Mind you, the Red Sox just happens to be Papa's most favorite baseball team, and (even better!) they were playing my hometown team! This was my second time getting to do this, and last time we didn't really get very good pictures. So this time Papa was more intentional with his picture taking, especially to be able to share with our folks and to put in my music portfolio/resume. Anyway! Our little crew was led down to the field, and we hung out jut behind home plate, waiting for the signal to do the Anthem. I was sporting a cute little outfit....with a baby attached to my back, as I usually do whenever walking anywhere nowadays. When I was given the cue to grab the mic and head out to homeplate, Papa asked, "Are you going to sing with C on your back?" I hesitated for a second, then shrugged and said, "Sure, why not?" So... for your enjoyment, and as a tribute to the wonderful multi-task job description that comes with being a mother, here are the pictures of me, singing the National Anthem at the Red Sox/Twins game...with a sweet little head poking around me, and an itty bitty foot bouncing in rhythm!
"O'er the land of the free, and the home of the brave!"
Super cool! I'm sure you got more than a few glances from people wondering just who that little person was on your back. That's actually a pretty cool ministry tool in and of itself. You're promoting life while you sing. Pretty awesome! Love ya!
ReplyDelete