My Songs of Joy!

My Songs of Joy!
Do Re Mi Fa Sol!

Saturday, April 25, 2009

I'm scared!!

Tonight, from around the corner, I got to hear this from The Buddies, who were sleeping together in M’s room:
L: M- I’m scared!!!
M: L, just say a prayer!
L: I’m scared, M!
M: Here, do you want me to help you? Let’s pray to our Guardian Angels, okay?
L: O-tay.
M: Okay, say it after me….
Angel of God…my guardian dear….to protect God’s love…commit me here….ever this night…be at my side…Amen.
Okay, there. Good boy. Now you don’t have to be scared, okay?
L: (still crying) O-tay………but I’m scared!
M: Ahhh! L, stop it! Stop crying! You’re too loud! I’m tired and we need to go to sleep. Quiet!! Mama!
-2 minute pause
L: (crying begins again, a bit harder) I’m scared!
M: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
L: Mama!!!
Me: Yes, buddy?
L: Mama, can you sweep wif us, pweeze?

How can a mother refuse such a request?

No comments:

Post a Comment